University of Richmond Pitt Baseball Stadium
Ken Piazza, Jr, P.E.
Draper Aden Associates provided civil engineering services, construction quality assurance, and surveying for the conversion of the natural grass baseball field at Pitt Field to custom-designed synthetic turf including the Richmond Spider logo prominently displayed in center field. The detailed scope of services included:
- Conceptual designs for constructing one grass field and one synthetic turf fields, playable for soccer and lacrosse
- Provided full detailing for the synthetic turf system
- Permitted POD documents through Henrico County utilizing a structural BMP for water quality calculations
- Bid phase services including prequalification and assistance with bidders and final contract award to general contractor and synthetic turf vendor
- Provided a geotechnical study for groundwater, subsurface conditions, and infiltration rates