Town of Edenton Various Environmental Services
James Joyner, RSM
- Conducted all Brownfields activities to assist the Town’s economic development efforts in marketing a valuable parcel of land. At the recommendation of the Town, assisted the prospective developer with the Eligibility Letter, Brownfield Application, assessment activities and negotiated the draft and final Brownfields Agreement. Saved client almost $500,000 by using site development plans and soil assessment result as basis to remove the need for soil excavation as part of the Brownfields Agreement.
- Conducted all underground storage tank (UST) removal activities for a property transaction that involved the Town’s right-of-way, including soil excavation, groundwater sampling and NCDENR reporting to obtain a Notice of No Further Action.
- Conducted a major soil assessment for the Edenton Chowan Economic Development Partnership at a firing range within a planned industrial park. This project required nearly constant communication with the NCDENR, Division of Waste Management Hazardous Waste Section.
- Conducted soil sampling, reporting and negotiated the fine for a Notice of Violation issued to the Town’s solid waste transfer station.
- Conducted an assessment and obtained a Notice of No Further Action for a UST incident at the Town’s Water Front Park.
- Completed the investigation of Town’s Street Department with an historical UST incident and received Notice of No Further Action. The project had been initiated by another consultant but did not reach closure.